<VV> head studs fuel pump

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 17:19:42 EDT 2011

i just had to do 5 helicoils on upper studs on my next WB block. it sure is
 easier doing them before block is put together.  but i have done several
motors that were together , with no troubles.
i run a shop vac while doing any drilling and tapping to catch chips. i
have rags carefully placed as insurance , but with a good vac i have yet to
find  any stray chips. put the nozzle as close as you can to where you are
working.
i am thinking about installing an electric fuel pump near tank , on shock
mounts , as a backup / primer unit. maybe just while cranking, or a push
button  switch somewhere...
sometimes , after sitting , my truck has lost it's prime. i will try to
find out the real reason  why,  before i go cobbing a pump on it. it  may just
be the fuel pump valves leaking?  no gas residue showing around  carbs..
regards, tim colson