<VV> dumb question: tech guide carb idle circuit repair tip

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 20:54:00 EDT 2011

Hey folks,

     In the Corsa tech guide there is a tip for clearing the idle passages
of Corvair carbs using a strand from "Standard brand #10 wire" but I can't
find "Standard brand" anywhere...  I assume that "brand" means that Standard
is the brand name and that he doesn't just mean "any standard #10 wire",
which makes sense because it is the diameter of a single unwound strand that
is important which would likely vary from one brand to another.

     If I can't find this stuff I guess I'll have to go wire shopping with a
micrometer in hand =P.  I checked amazon and did just a googe search for
"Standard Brand wire" and had no luck finding such a brand name.  If anyone
knows where to find this (checked the local hardware store already) please
let me know, or if anyone knows a readily available alternative with the
proper thickness and stiffness required to try this trick.

Thanks!

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA