<VV> It's ALIVE!!!

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Apr 30 14:52:11 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/30/2011 2:26:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

I have a  question though.  The alt/gen light is on.  The battery was a
little low last week when I tried to start it, so I jumped it and it
started right away.  Today it started right up.  Is it possible  that the
light is on because the battery is still a little  low?

Is it always "on" or just at idle?  The later, higher amp, alternators
need to turn a little faster than ours did to start charging (note the smaller
pulley that comes with them).  You can bump your idle a little if  you do a
lot of driving around town or just use your right foot to keep the idle
just high enough to put the light out.  If the light is always on  then start
typical troubleshooting points.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics