<VV> 62 distributor

PETER INMAN monza1965 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 30 17:31:22 EDT 2011

I have a 61 Rampside with a 3 speed that the engine has been replaced with a 62
from auromatic van. Not quite running perfect yet. I believe its ignition. Was
stumbling now and then, not necessarly a typical thing. I put in a flame thrower
coil and advanced the timeing a little and its much better.  The distributor #
is 1110296   3B15 and the engine # is T0314W. What im wondering is that dist for
an automatic and wont properly tune in a 3 speed. All the tune up parts are new
so its not real easy to tell where the problem is. I have a parts engine T0602VB
out of a 64 3 speed van for future rebuild that has a dist with

#1110319  40  9 . Would this dist work in the 145 engine and if it would , would
it be better than the one from the automatic? Any thoughts would be appriciated,
thanks.

Pete Inman
61 Rampside
65 Monza