<VV> Porous aluminum?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 23:53:37 EDT 2011

To add to Matt's comment, usually there is a crack in the bell housing
if there is a leak coming from the metal area. Just make sure as you
tear down that you pay attention to where the leak is coming from.

I had a similar problem with my 62, and I caused it. I forgot to seal
the flywheel bolts several years ago when I replaced the clutch Assy.
I saw the oil coming from that area, so this winter as I overhauled
the engine and put it back, I madse sure the gasket was behind the
gear on the 110 crank and sealed the bolts. Mark Durham