<VV> Viton O ring life

John O'Shea jco99 at cox.net
Wed Aug 3 22:03:21 EDT 2011

I used Viton O-rings when I rebuilt my engine in 1977.  I just overhauled
the engine earlier this year and put in new Viton O-rings, but I'm not
convinced I needed to replace the O-rings from 1977.  They were just as
pliable as new when I removed them.  Could they have gone another 34 years?
Maybe.

Jack in Las Vegas where it's 105F this afternoon.