<VV> Mechanical advance

PETER INMAN monza1965 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 11:27:26 EDT 2011

Rick exactly what I`m implying, this guy has`nt had a corvair for over 30 years but his 1960 was his favorite car ever. He is a retired School Bus mechanic and did wrenching all his life. Such a wealth of knowledge and it helped that in his early years he spent tinkering with corvairs. I dont like to bother him to often but from time to time he gets me over a herdle and he sure enjoys working on corvairs and makeing them run the way they they were designed. Seth you may not be an old timer yet but your getting closer every day.
 The rough idle seems to be a little better when I back the timeing off just a little. Vacuum reads about 15in with slight wobble at both carbs. I set the timeing with highest vacuum and backed it off a little. Decent power through full rpm band and cranks easy at start up. Really zips when I advance it some and still no spark knock but cranks a little harder with the stumble at real low speeds. Need to get a timeing light maybe. Is there any way to adjust the vacuum advance.
 New to this Rampside exprience but after 3 months of tinkering its starting to get to be a joy to drive.
Pete Inman