<VV> Viton O ring life

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 16:24:40 EDT 2011

Dan,
Vitons are organic matter and their life is subject to the temperatures and
 time that they are subject to. The longer the time that they see a really
high  temperature the shorter will be their life. It's just that Vitons will
tolerate  a higher temperature than the o-rings that Chevrolet used. Keep
them at room  temps and they will loast 'forever". Let them see 900 deg F and
they will be  soon gone.
Regards,
Bob Helt

I put  new Viton O rings in my Corvair about 25 years ago.  Major  reduction