<VV> Tools, no Corvair

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 20:02:41 EDT 2011

I am a sucker for tool sales, whether at a car show or a traveling sale.
Many men are like me. Tools to me are like shoes to women. You can never
have too many and I buy a tool in case I might need it. Lots of times I
finish a job, then realize I bought a tool that would have made it much
easier. Remembering what you have is important, both when you buy and when
you need :o).

Today my tool fetish paid off. My task today was to replace the original
shocks on the rear of my 14 year old van with 180,000+ miles. I pulled out
the ten dollar air impact wrench and the twenty dollars worth of impact
sockets that I bought from the travelling Cummins tool truck.

There is no way in hell that I could do this job without my cheap impact
wrench. The bolts weren't very accessible and age wasn't kind to them. My
little compressor gave out about the same time I did holding the wrench in
place, but we just kept hammering away until everything was unbolted. While
I had it out, it sure helped in reassembly to.

It sure is nice to have the right tool, even if it came from a cheap tool
sale.

Marc Sheridan
Waverly OH