<VV> Reverse Rotation Cam Options

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:12:21 EDT 2011

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 11:24:38 -0700
> From: Gary Berry <duallycc at gmail.com>
> Subject: <VV> Reverse Rotation Cam Options
> To: Virtual Vairs <VirtualVairs at corvair.org>
>
> Hey All;
>
>    I have a 110hp reverse rotation engine in my Manx buggy. I'm
> getting ready to tear the engine down and freshen it up cause it's
> smoking like crazy after a couple of seasons at Pismo Beach. I would
> like to pump it up a little, so I'm thinking of a set of larger
> pistons/jugs and some head work. But I'm wondering if there are any
> options for a better camshaft that what comes with the standard
> reverse rotation kit? Anyone have and ideas on this? Thanks.
>
> --
> Gary Berry
> Prosser, WA.
> 69 ManxVair
> Corvair Sandrail
> 71 Corvair Powered Manx Turista

 Gary- A really nice way to select a cam is to get all head work done (including whats needed to accomodate bigger cylinders, compression ratio, ect) and get the heads flowed on a flow bench- then have a custom cam ground for your engine based on its flow data, compression ratio, rod ratio, desired power band, and vehical weight. The cam grinders can get you a cam that will be perfect for your engine, and buggy, no compromises. If you buy a "off the shelf" cam, or use a "standard cam profile" based only on desired power band, you will be either over-cammed or under cammed- both possiblities you are leaving a lot on the table!!I know that crower cams does this, as well as american-pi.com- but there are many others.Kevin Nash