<VV> Oil Temps Re: Transvair installation

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 10:51:32 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/10/2011 7:38:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
FrankCB at aol.com writes:

Seth,

I HOPE you were using a fully synthetic oil !!!  Conventional oil  won't
last long at such high temps.

Frank Burkhard

Had I  #1, known what synthetic oil was, and #2 been able to afford  it, I
would have used it. This was 1975 and I was a poor, would-be racer, and I
was cheap. I pulled this motor/trans out of a wrecked 65 4-door, replaced the
 O-rings and external gaskets and "transvaired" it into the 68 Camper. I am
 pretty sure I was using Castrol racing oil. We drove it to the 75 Seattle
Convention, (where I borrowed a car to run in the autocross!!) then up into
 Canada and across to Lake Louise/Baniff and Calgary. Then we drove down
through Yellowstone, Spokane, WA and back home. This was pre-kids, and we
just wandered where we wanted to go and stopped when we felt like it. We must
have had a good trip, our first daughter was born almost exactly 9 months
later!  Part Canadian, Eh!

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA