<VV> starting problems

Edmonds edmonds01 at bresnan.net
Wed Aug 10 13:10:15 EDT 2011

My '63 Monza 900 'vert has developed a problem which I've been unable to
diagnose. When attempting to start the engine it begins firing as though
starting but as soon as I let off the key it dies.  If I continue
holding the key in start position the engine will rev up but as soon as
I release the key it dies.
I've checked the fuel pump and it seems to be working o.k. and I've also
checked the ignition and found nothing.  I have a suspision it is in the
electrical system but have run out of ideas.
Clyde