<VV> Convention Banquet seating

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 14:43:01 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/10/2011 9:41:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Vairtec at optonline.net writes:

For  2012, in Sturbridge, Massachusetts, a trial balloon has been floated
about  a different way of handling banquet seating.  The idea is to
further  simplify the process and to encourage members to meet and mingle
with new  people.  The proposal is, assign the banquet seats as the
tickets are  ordered, period.  You will be seated at a table with other
members  based solely on the randomness of when you and those other
members'  registrations were processed.

It sounds like a great idea.

Having attended all of the Convention Banquets since 1980, I have often
tried this on my own. Since I travel to distant conventions, I often do not
have  many of my local members present. I have sat with racers, sat with the
V8-Vair guys, but, most often, taken the one empty seat at a table
almost-full  of strangers. When my wife attends, we pick out two empty seats. So far,
I have  never failed to meet interesting people. Of course, I can't speak
for the people  I joined!

 -Seth Emerson

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA