<VV> Engine hangs lower on left side... seriously

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 09:15:24 EDT 2011

Les,

Had the same condition on our '64 'vert -- the engie's left side was lower than its right. A friend and mechanic changed the forward crossmember, to no avail. We learned from my wife, whose father had owned the car, that it had been hit in the rear years before. He'd had it repaired, but the collision slightly tweaked the body and skewed the way the crossmember hangs.

My friend drilled a new left-side mounting hole higher in the crossmember to compensate, and that took care of it. The engine now hangs straight.

--Tom in Ohio