<VV> venturi fuel drip

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 14 09:27:38 EDT 2011

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:30:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Nall <patiomatt at aol.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> venturi fuel drip
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org

After receiving such great advise on the starting problem on my '63
Monza I was able to get the engine going but noticed after the engine is
shut down, looking down the carb venture on the right carb I see gas
continuing to drip for several minutes.  I pulled the carb apart but did
not see anything out of the normal.  Would this possibly be due to the
float sticking or a faulty needle valve?
Thanks once again.
Clyde

I had the same problem a couple of years ago.  I did all of the float
adjustment (multiple times), pressure adjustment (added a regulator),
and cleaning suggested (again, multiple times).  What finally cured it
was cleaning out the idle circuit.  I took a twistie like is used to
seal bread bags, burned the plastic casing off, and used the wire to
pass though the circuit (the diameter was a perfect fit).  Problem
solved.

Stephen Upham
'65 Monza hardtop, 110 PG
CORSA, NTCA