<VV> WHAT IS THIS SOUND?

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Sun Aug 14 19:45:02 EDT 2011

On my 65 140 CORSA, I'm chasing a problem.  The car surges and hestitates at 2,000 RPM.  More gas pedal and it will continue to accelerate.  However, the engine isn't smooth.  The passenger side exhaust sounds like only two cylinders and while coasting down from speed, the passenger side exhaust pops.  At idle the driver side carbs (primaries all around) have a normal sucking sound.  The passenger side have a fluttering sound through both carbs.  Switching carbs side to side has no effect. The car also slowly dies from idle.  Bad valve adjustment?  Bad lifter?  Help!