<VV> coil voltage (stock)

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 20:47:57 EDT 2011

Ok thanks Harry, your input is very much appreciated.  I thought that a
constant 11 volts while running could overheat the coil and cause it to
start failing, I know I've been warned against ever running a stock coil on
a jumper direct from the battery for more than a few minutes (hotwire)  for
that reason, but then that would be 13 plus volts I guess.

I'll put in new points and see, thanks for saving me the expense of
replacing a coil that might not be bad (it's less than a year old).

Ray R.