<VV> New 13" tires available

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Mon Aug 15 11:31:32 EDT 2011

Nice tires, but you must realize that they are smaller in diameter
than any Corvair tires were. 6.50-13's were very close to 185/80-13's
in diameter. Obviously, 7.00-13's were even larger.

I realize that some people size Corvair tires according to
"replacement" charts and that these may show up on one of those charts
as "replacement" tires for a Corvair. Obviously, they will work, but I
think it's important to understand that they are smaller. Beyond that,
to each his own - ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice.

On Aug 15, 2011, at 5:16 AM, peter koehler wrote:

> I have a set of nearly new 175x80R13 tires available. They
> were mounted up but the car was never driven on them. They
> are narrow whitewall with the blue "stuff" still
> protecting the white. I have de-mounted them and plan to
> bring them to the DACC Homecoming in a couple of weeks to
> sell them. Any interest at $225 for the set of four?
> Please contact me off-list to arrange a pre-sale. Thanks!

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina
CORSA member since 1980