<VV> 78 Amp Alternator

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Aug 16 10:03:36 EDT 2011

Smitty Says;  I have to smile every time I read about somebody going to a FLAPS and getting a high output alternator or generator.  Several years ago our club took a tour through a plant that rebuilt such items for resale through FLAPS.  The manager was asked about how special or high output items are handled.  He said the units are broken down for cleaning.  The rotors/armatures go in that big box there.  The cases go in that big box there.  After reconditioning the parts are reassembled in the order they are plucked out of the box.  To him a rotor was a rotor and a case was a case.
This may not be true of all rebuilders, but I would bet it is more common than most would think.