<VV> Corvair trim differences

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Tue Aug 16 22:39:03 EDT 2011

At 06:49 PM 8/16/2011, you wrote:
>Thanks for the great info =)
>
>I need some clarification on this last paragraph though, not quite
>sure what you meant.
>
>2 door 700's had half trim until 62'?  Didn't the half trim start in 62?

A bud of mine had an original '60 700 2-door coupe with the half-belt
trim, one owner car.   He refurbished the already excellent original,
sold it for about 4 times what he paid.   I wish I had taken photos;
it was a great looking car.   He'd picked it up not too long (a
couple of years or so) after I'd bought my '60 4-door from him...
which was in Fall of 1984.

Now:

It was early morning when I posted my comments about the belt trim...
coffee hadn't kicked in yet.   Seems there were 2-door 700s in '60
and '61 with full belt trim although I've also seen '60 and '61 700s
with half belt trim, which makes things even more confusing.

Another Now:

I will happily admit that perhaps some '60 and '61 700 2-doors
managed to find themselves wearing half-belt trim via hook or crook
but then again the one my bud mentioned above was indeed a one-owner
excellent all original.

My station wagon comments were also flawed... when I re-read my post
I noticed that I'd said there was no '62 700 wagon which is
wrong...  hell, a buddy and local chapter member has one.    I had to
step around it to get into his garage yesterday evening, 12 hours
before I posted an e-mail to the list saying there weren't any.  Go
figger...  dementia must be setting in or something.

tony..