<VV> Gell battery

Geoffrey Stozek gjjs at att.net
Wed Aug 17 00:43:30 EDT 2011

>From my personal experience, Optima batteries are garbage.   I liked the idea of
no corrosion from acid drip the Optima offered so I paid big bucks for one.
Within 2 years it would not hold a charge.  A replacement Optima even after
credit for the prorated warranty was more expensive than a new top of the line
lead acid battery without any credit for proration or trade in.   I've had lead
acid batteries last up to 16 years so I'll never look at another Optima and will
discourage anyone from waisting their money on one.