<VV> Sad News - And Some Good News - Hopefully

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 17 17:50:43 EDT 2011

The lowest part of the tank that water seems to settle (and rust) is just
behind the sender unit.

good news (hopefully) is that I found and brought home my "new" car, an
Artesian Turqoise 1966 Monza Sport Sedan with factory A/C.  The car runs
pretty well, but has some issues that will need attention.

> I lifted the passenger side of the car up to examine the undercarriage,
and gasoline began to drip from the tank on the DRIVER's side.  I also
noticed a gasoline odor in the car when I drove it home last night (I drove
it around 50 miles on the highway and except for the gas smell she drove
fine).  When I lowered the car back to level, the gas stopped dripping.

> Could that be a leaky tank?  Would anyone be able to suggest a repair, or
should I just get a new tank?  The gas lines from the tank are on the
passenger side and they looked dry.  The bottom of the tank was wet as well.

> There is a puff of vapor from the fuel pump.  I assume a bum diaphragm, I
have an electric pump from the 69 that I was planning to install, until gas
started dripping and I got nauseous.

> Thanks everyone for your continued support...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza
Sport Sedan