<VV> Better mileage with convertible top down!!

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Sun Aug 21 08:37:38 EDT 2011

John,

Convertibles are not exactly aerodynamic top up or down. Is it possible
that with the top down that you drive more slowly? That could make more
difference than aerodynamics at slower speeds.

I have a beater Corvette convertible. I almost always drive it more
slowly when the top is down due to the wind turbulence in the interior
and prefer to cruise the interstate with the top up.

Now if you're driving with the top down at 70mph and still getting
better gas mileage...disregard my suggestion...

Mark N