<VV> Loadsides

Richard Gebhardt rampside64 at att.net
Tue Aug 23 01:35:31 EDT 2011

When Chevrolet put the Loadside out, it was the cheapest pickup in its
class. When competing
in 'lowest price'  bids, GM sold a bunch of them to the military,
particularly the Air Force. I have seen several that were
modified specially for running around on Air Bases. They had additional
amber lights in the rear fenders just below
the taillights.

If you have a '62 Loadside. you have one of the least produced Corvairs.
That alone makes it worth having and
restoring.

I have a '64 Rampside. Bought it from the son of the original owner in
Dallas. It was sold originally in Denton, TX
just north of Dallas. I hope to have it back on the road this year.
Paint and body work complete. Now if I can
find the parts I took off......

Richard Gebhardt