<VV> Better mileage with top down

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 23 02:29:06 EDT 2011

Further consideration leads me to think that Yenko Style flaps would be the
answer to better "pressurization" of the engine compartment since this would
still provide a seal at the deck lid to body area VS opening the (entire)
lid at the front edge.

I suppose that testing of both methods would be needed to confirm which way
is best.

If I did not loose track of the "subject line" the test would also need to
include whether a hotter (I suspect is correct) or a cooler running engine
provides better gas mileage.

Later, JR