<VV> Quake.

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Aug 24 01:05:36 EDT 2011

45 seconds seems a lot longer than a little bump and grind. There was no
bump in the school where I was running a voting precinct, but the was 45
seconds of grinding. We gathered up the important machines and scrambled
to the parking lot. After a while (they were waiting to check the
building for defects) we started voting in the parking lot. Never turned
a voter away. The "official" inspectors (fire dept, etc) were so busy at
other locations the school staff did their own walk through and said it
was safe so we could go back in. The middle school a mile away was
damaged and the voting had to continue in the parking lot for the rest
of the day (7PM close here).

Once I got home (9PM) I saw we had cracks in the brick work on the
garage side and front along th ebay window. The bay window area cracks I
can put my hand into! I shall see how bad it is in the morning. Need to
plug holes before rain on Thursday....

No visible cracks in foundation wall from the basement side. Lots of
weird drywall joint compound failures along the taped corners. Only one
drywall crack in mid wall. Lots of broken glassware inside the house.

Downtown Fredericksburg has been evacuated due to natural gas leak into
sewer system.

Hey, this is taking valuable time away from Corvair repair.

I haven't ventured to the Corvair garage yet... Been up since 4 AM
yesterday.

Frank DuVal