<VV> Idling Vacuum Problem HELP!!

KMFEAR at aol.com KMFEAR at aol.com
Sun Aug 28 12:15:18 EDT 2011

1963 FC, 80 HP Powerglide

     I replaced the carbs with Clark rebuilds two years  ago. This problem
developed last fall and I am now just dealing with it. Runs  great! Wont
idle, stalls. Furthermore at idle the vacuum advance is fully  advanced, when
you rev the engine the vacuum advance goes back to a "retard""  original
position as if there was no vacuum. What I have done:

Replaced all vacuum lines, Balance tube rubber etc

Reversed carbs from, side to side and installed new gaskets (2) one on top
of spacer one on bottom

Disconnected linkage and backed off idle screws to make sure carbs are  shut

Replaced vacuum advance

Any ideas would be appreciated!!

K Fear Jr