<VV> Oil Pressure Release Valve

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Aug 29 21:29:10 EDT 2011

Maybe he has one of those defective oil filters I have read about
recently. But 149 miles?

BTW, my shop manual says # 11 is the oil cooler bypass valve. Is the oil
cooler plugged? Not cooling oil could be an issue if the engine was run
hard for that 149 miles (not likely). Or the stuck valve could be
indicative of other trash in the system that plugged the hole leading to
the failed bearing. I would look there first.

Of course don't overlook the failure to torque a rod cap... I  did it
once.... Heard it knock after driving it across the street. Not even a
mile. Opened it up, replaced the bearing , made sure I torqued it, and
it ran happily ever after.

Frank DuVal