<VV> Oil Pressure Release Valve

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:37:36 EDT 2011

Ken's description is what can happen when the oil pressure relief
sticks open. However, the oil pressure relief is down on the left
lower side of the accessory housing, not up in the top plate where the
bypass reliefs are located.

The pressure relief stuck open is a primary suspect in this instance,
and I would suggest you remove the rear accessory housing so you can
get a good look at that valve. You can see it clearly when the assy
case is removed. The case, or the valve itself, could have worn to the
point it can no longer function, or a piece of grit has stuck under
it.

Mark Durham.