<VV> carb problem

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 03:19:47 EST 2011

was the base gasket setup sandwich replaced? (gasket , insulator , gasket
). double check tightness of the carb , cracked insulator ,etc with the
spray.  It is easy to miss a crack big enough to cause issues, or a tiny dirt
chunk on  the base of the carb after setting it on a dirty bench top.
On some of these rebuilt carbs , I have seen a bubble of paint on the base
, which I always check carefully before installing.
Also , I like to use the thicker base gaskets that are now  offered by
Clark's.
Regards, Tim Colson