<VV> hidden VIN and tag decode info

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Dec 2 00:50:16 EST 2011

Hello all,

If I recall correctly the hidden VIN on late models is concealed by the
front suspension crossmember, is that correct?  Is that all late models all
the way up to 69?  More importantly, is it in the same place on early
cars?  If not there, where?

On a separate note, I'm going to start trying to compile and cross
reference data to try getting all the known trim tag decoding info in one
place.  This is a daunting task and is going to require many hours of
online research.  If anyone has any decoding info they are willing to send
me please do =)

Thanks,

Ramon!!!  Stock Corvair Group!!   Kent Sullivan / corvairkid.com  !!

Manuals show where the hidden vins are!  With pics!

 I just posted  pics a while  back!

EM/FC  driver's front behind crossmember

LM's   right side behind upper A-arm.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio