<VV> Corvair's "silky smooth ride"

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Wed Dec 7 00:28:23 EST 2011

Probably a problem with the 1969 Monza?

Mine had a very noisy ride which Chevy refused to acknowledge, and Midas
would replace my entire suspension for $400+, until a local brake shop
(Bellmore Brake and Spring, on Long Island) found loose shock absorber
bolts, that he said were "loosened" by someone (it was brand new at the
time.)
His theory was that the dealer, who wanted me to give them the car back,
probably sabotaged it to make me give it back?  (Konner Chevy offered me a
Camaro for my 1969 Monza 140 4-speed convertible, but I refused.)

Aside from that, the Corvair has always had a silky smooth ride that no one
can really appreciate until they drive one!

Glad you finally did, although it seems you spend a lot 9of time driving
other cars?  Too bad, really, look at all the time you lost ;>})!

Charlie