<VV> Corvair's "silky smooth ride"

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 17:19:04 EST 2011

                                 B"H

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention was that the previous owner of my car fitted 14" Oldsmobile SSIII wheels (painted matching Artesian Turquoise) which may explain the smoother ride.

My experience is that within a limit, larger wheels usually help smooth out the ride.  I had a similar experience with my 1984 Crown Victoria station wagon, which came from the factory with rediculous 14" wheels.  That barge needed 15s at least, and later models came with 16s.  I swapped the original wheels for factory-issue 15" alloy wheels which helped smooth out the ride.

Since I didn't put these wheels on my Vair, I don't know if the previous owner checked backspace, but I'll probably do that at some point in the future.  Meanwhile the car rides and handles nicely...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG A/C