<VV> Vairs make in California

Jerry Brown air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 13:05:23 EST 2011

Seems like a while ago someone asked of the rubber surounding in the engine compartment being stapled to the metal holders.  I pulled the engine out of my 66 500 4dr which was  assembled in LA and noticed it's rubber shroud was stapled from the back side.   Seems like other assembly plants kept on doing things that Willow Run plant had stopped doing..  Breakdown in communications?   My 66 500 4dr was assembled with factory air, 140 engine,  4speed trans.  The data plate indicates this.   Must have been a special order as it was shipped to Phoenix Az. after assembly.