<VV> staples on LM engine to body seal

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 9 20:22:03 EST 2011

I don't recall seeing one like that.  Every one that I've seen has a grooved
spring built into the lower portion of the rubber seal which sort of "grabs"
the engine shrouding and the upper portion is attached with metal groove
pieces which are held in place with sheet metal screws.

However, if you should install a LM engine into a EM you need to use the EM
style shrouding and seal - which uses staples.

What they did with the '64 model I don't know as I've never had one.

Later, JR