<VV> staples on LM engine to body seal

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 10 11:22:19 EST 2011

I too recall an LA car with SOME (one?) of the retainers stapled. Believe
me, it isn't the easiest seal to install fast, so anything to speed up assy
on the assembly line would have helped. Even one retainer stapled would have
started the installation faster.
I've often wondered how difficult and time consuming procedures were done on
the assembly line such as this. Brake bleeding and A/C charging also come to
mind.