<VV> staples in LM engine seal

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Sat Dec 10 17:10:35 EST 2011

Sorry Frank,

I did not pay any attention to the VIN.  I seem to recall that the staples
were only in the long straight pieces on the sides and the big piece on the
firewall.  I cannot remember if there were any staples along the back or in
the corner pieces.  I (wrongly) assumed that this was just the way they came
from the factory.  I see now that wasn't the case.  I am beginning to wonder
if all the early 65's had them and at some point the General decided it
wasn't necessary.  I really hadn't thought that much about it until this
thread came up.

Cliff Tibbitts