<VV> vent seals & signal switches (was Ultra Monza)

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Dec 10 21:23:07 EST 2011

Seth
Please show me in my post where I called anyone an idiot.  I didn't call anyone "cheap" either. I did call them frugal.

You've been around longer than I---I guess you never met any Corvair owner who wasn't a spendthrift.

When customers ask for a product and we can find an original set in good condition to spend (from what I heard over 20 K) to make a set of seals, and then they won't buy them,  I guess if anyone was an idiot in that, it was us.  Thinking that after folks complained about them for years, the price wouldn't be of concern.  HAVING them would have been the objective, not having them AND  getting them for a low price.   Almost all of our Station Wagon stationary side window seals are in the same range, and folks buy them.  Station Wagon parts have always been scarce, because until recently they were the bottom rung of the ladder in priority for
restoraton projects.  Folks who need them only ask---How fast can you get them to me ?

I've got an idea----next time Corvair people want a part, I can refer them to a truck parts competitor to make it for them.  Their truck door seals only cost around 30 a pair, ours are around 80.  But then again, ours are made in NC, not China, and they're not so hard that the doors bounce back open instead of closing---BUT THEY ARE ONLY 30 BUCKS A PAIR!!!!  If I had 50 bucks for every call I've taken in the last 6 years from someone who bought that companies seals and then had to call us to get ones that worked. I wouldn't be going to work on Monday---I'd be RETIRED.

You're always careful with words, and the word "Idiot" did not appear in my post.   Think that over.

Hank