<VV> MYSTERY FC PART IDENTIFIED (from a while ago)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Dec 13 00:45:01 EST 2011

Some time ago , someone had a small odd shaped " washer"  posted  here. I
knew i had seen it before , but could not remember where. Well yesterday  I
removed a steering box from a FC...and it goes under the top bolt for the
box.  It fits that odd shaped area of the frame. It is now in my parts tumbler
with  other small parts. if you want a better picture , I will post it after
clean  up.
The 64 greenbrier from hell left here yesterday. I wanted a few other small
 parts from it , but I think we are running out of good weather , plus  it
was not "mobile" and in a bad spot.
more pictures at the  _www.cnycorvair.com_ (http://www.cnycorvair.com)
website.  This one was a real challenge. My surprise finding yesterday was
the motor  turns...well @300 degrees, before locking up. So i will spend more
time removing  rusted bolts than I planned , I should be able to save the WB
block and torque  converter..I expect to find a broken piston or rod. gees
, if I luck out it is  just a valve stuck open..
I have not been this happy ( or sore !) in a long time. I did not expect to
 get the last few parts when my torches ran out of acetylene.
Anyone use propane , instead of acetylene?   does it work as good  for
cutting? Now would be the time to switch.
Regards, Tim Colson