<VV> 63 Spyder air cleaners are black!

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 19:16:00 EST 2011

Did the '63 Spyder have a road draft tube? Did the "black" air cleaner have a provision for a PCV system? I have certainly seen '62 Spyders that had no PCV system therefore no provision in the air cleaner. I wonder if that would have been the deciding factor in chrome vs. black air cleaners. And I suspect many cars that had black air cleaners might have been "changed up" to chrome just for the appearances alone.
Timothy Shortle in (very chilly) Durango Colorado 81301