<VV> PCV WAS 63 Spyder air cleaners are black!

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Dec 16 08:57:15 EST 2011

PCV was first a government requirement by the left coast wackos in 1962 ... It became a Federal requirement in 1963.  But for the most part the government does not recognize model years but instead sets a calendar date, frequently 'made after Dec 31, 19XX.'  Manufacturers may incorporate the changes anytime before that date if they so choose.  They must include it on all vehicles built AFTER that date but they are not required to update vehicles built before but sold after ... in most cases.

Therefore, early left coast 62 Corvairs may not have had PCV from the factory but those built after 12 / 31 [probably] will.  Out in loony toon land there are rules which require owners to retrofit for PCV but that is not the case in most of the rest of the States.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.