<VV> From the West Coast

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri Dec 16 14:23:52 EST 2011

Yes, I remember going to Riverside, Calif. in  spring of 1962 for the
startup of a hydrogen rocket fuel plant that we had  designed and built.  Every
morning for weeks I drove from the motel to the  plant site and it was cloudy
in the distance.  Until one morning I was  amazed to see a set of
magnificent beautiful mountains in the distance when the  cloudy smog had lifted due
to some rare weather change.  And I  remember the closer I got to LA, the
worse the smog got and I could actually  feel the burning in my eyes if I
stayed there too long.
    At least in this case, reducing the smog problem  made a lot of sense!

Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 12/16/2011 2:05:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,