<VV> In defense of the pursuit of knowledge; Was: that '63 Spyder air cleaner thread

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 13:53:16 EST 2011

I continue to be dismayed at the way that any interest in stock by anyone
in the Corvair hobby inevitably attracts the derision of someone, usually on
 this list.  I think there is merit in the pursuit and acquisition of
knowledge and information and I love a good mystery and trying to solve  it.
Kudos to Ray for his efforts in trying to discover the answer to this
question.  I know Ray and he is, at least by Corvair standards, quite young  and,
therefore, the kind of person whom we should be encouraging if we don't  wish
to see CORSA die off with the last of us.  He's also an excellent  mechanic
so his interest in Corvairs isn't mere book larnin' as we say in my  native
West Virginia (Hi, Rick!).  Many of you do things with your Corvairs  that
I don't do with mine and your interest in the hobby is not necessarily mine
but I'd like to think that I do not criticize anyone here for having an
interest  in Corvairs that I do not personally share.  In the words of that
great  philosopher and humanitarian, Rodney King; "Can't we all just get along?"

~Bill Stanley