<VV> Black 63 Spyder Aircleaners

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Sat Dec 17 15:09:12 EST 2011

I think I have to side with Smitty on this one.

Does it REALLY matter if the air cleaner is chrome or painted black? I guess only if you are going for a class in a concours.

At the same time I must applaud the work that Ray has put into this. Sometimes it is the "Thrill of The Hunt" that drives such a search and at other times it may be to document another oddity in production.

I myself have seen my own share of "wrong" cars become "true" as time passes. One dear to me is a 1970 Corvette Coupe which was a very late production car that had strange engine coding. Some looked like 1970 and some looked like 1971? After all the experts said the engine coding was wrong, years later, paperwork surfaced where my engine numbers were true. For me, I didn't care one way or another.

One of the things to always keep in mind is, "WHAT IS STOCK"? Stock may be defined as delivered to the dealer or as delivered to the customer and that is a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE.

So, WHAT IS STOCK?

Roy in Bayville 08721