<VV> FW: How often do you change your oil?

Ulli Dittmar info at california-camping.de
Sat Dec 17 15:18:04 EST 2011

My 2011 VW Bus (Transporter) needs his first oil change after 30 000 km = 18500 mls, my ´53 VW Beetle is running on oil from 1992 and I drove about 25000 mls on it since the last change in 92 (engine is number matching 1953 build and has 960.000 km on it with one rebuild in the 60th with about 450.000 km).
Changing oil every 3000 mls is a wast of recourses, money and time. Modern oils will last in our cars 5 times as long as the once the engines were designed for.

But this is just my opinion and any owner should do what he things is best for his baby - no need for a  “Nanny State” system - not in the US nor in Germany.

Ulli