<VV> A Corvair still in the family 52 years and counting

Trey Bosson corvairbo at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 10:31:21 EST 2011

mine is a 60  700  coupe  was a graduation gift to my dad upon graduating from the university of tennessee in 1960,  car was purchased somewhere around knoxville tennessee, from grandpa and grama bosson. my first memory of the car was during a snow storm 1968? in decatur alabama .  mom drove a 56 olds 88, dads corvair had lots better traction. so that was the car of choice to travel in.  somewhere in the early 70s dad was going to a garage to put a new engine in the vair.  when he was finished putting the motor in he took me for a ride. it was not the same as i remembered before.. way ,way faster than before  he sold the car to my uncle who made it in to a show car. showing it around the  cleveland -chattanooga tennessee area. my uncle moved to decatur alabama around 1981and along came the corvair. i just knew this car would be mine soon.. i had 2 corvairs of my own   a 64 monza 110 and a 64 spyder 150  both hardtop coupes.  my uncle wanted
 to sell the 60 bu got sold out of the family i was mad. i found the car in 2006 from the same guy that bought it from my uncle jim bosson. i bought it for 500$ and have been fixin it up since.    complete engine-tranny from a 66 toronado 425  seats 4 passengers  i am so happy to have this car as it is still in my family 50+ years   trey bosson  wellsville ny