<VV> Vibration

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Dec 20 13:13:36 EST 2011

Randy:  My experience is if the steering wheel vibrates, the problem is in
the front.  If not, it is in the back.

You could have a tread separating on a tire. I don't know how much a tread
separation will affect tire balance.  It might not show up on any but a
really good balancing machine run by a skilled operator.  Check the treads
for a small abnormal spot of wear.  Or put a carpenters square on the floor
and visually inspect tread while rotating the tire.  If the tread wiggles,
it is separating from the plies.

Then again, you are driving a 45 year old car.  Every bushing in the car has
a perfect right to die.  If you think they are dying, they are probably
dead.  Would you drive on 45 yr old tires?

Please be careful out there.

Historically Yours,
			James Rice

Message: 5