<VV> Early 14 inch wheels

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 19:02:35 EST 2011

Who out there has installed 14 inch 4-lug wheels on your Early Corvair? I am seriously considering getting some custom 14 inch wheels for my daily drivers, just so I can keep it in tires, as the 13 inch tires seem to have disappeared.

If you have done this, I am interested in the details (and photos if you have one):

 What type wheel did you get?
 Width?
 Backspace?
 Where did you get them?
 Any problems?

Thank you for any experience you can share. I have read Bryan Blackwell's site and have been trolling the internet, but not happy yet with what I have found.

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on