<VV> lower ball joints

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Dec 27 07:11:29 EST 2011

I have removed lower ball joints by heating the control arm around the ball joint and driving it out with an air chisel.
But now I have one of those ball joint "C" clamps for installation and removal.
Works real well.

If you drive the old ball joint out with an air chisel, how do you get the new one in without using heat?
Now you run te risk of both burning your self, and ruining the ball joint.
any places will rent you a "C" press, including some auto parts stores.

Gary Swiatowy