<VV> corvair oil cooler/cabin heater?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 22:17:02 EST 2011

Ray, just a guess but not sure there is enough heat btu's in the oil at
the flow rate used by the engine for oil, in comparison to the volume
of air required to heat the car.
the oil heats up quick enough. But a lot more btu's go out in the air.

I've thought about re-routing the outlet air from the current cooler so
it dumps out the back of the car to stop it from going into the lower
shrouds with all that hot cylinder air, tough to get the oil much
cooler that way.

But I would like to see any data to support or refute your thought
process, though. Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone